Cruise control won't engage

Rossp

Well here is my problem... recently my block heater cord found its way into the cooling fan and in the process it jossled some of the wires near the bottom of the block, they were all repaired, but could be related...

Following the incident, until the wires were repaired my "CLUSTER" fuse would blow intermittantly, since my cruise wasn't working I went and got a cruise unit from the junkyard, as well as a turn stick, when I installed the new stick everything was great until I tired to turn the cruise on and my "CLUSTER" fuse blew again... and the cruise still wouldn't work, so I am really confused as to what the problem could be... also when I put my other turn stick back in the fuse doesn't blow at all..?

This is what I have already checked/replaced:

Cruise unit / Turn stick replaced

Checked all fuses (under dash and hood)

Visually inspected under the hood and dash (no broken wires that I can see...)

Any ideas?

Your cruise components get power from the "CLUSTER" fuse, so if your fuse is blowing when you turn on your cruise, there is a power wire which is not always hot shorting out and blowing the fuse.

I only know this because I was looking at a wiring diagram for the cruise on my TSTE the other day.

What kind of car is this on?

It is a 1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme 3.4

So you think that I have a hot wire somewhere that is grounding out when I turn the cruise on? do you have any idea where I might start looking for that wire?