Dim HUD? :(

stevegasm

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a quick search on the forums and didn't find anything :redface:

On my way home tonight I noticed the HUD was fairly dim, dimmer than usual. I played with the dimmer switch and when I moved the switch down, it just went from dim to even more dim. I dont think it's the dimmer switch itself because it doesn't flicker or anything, its almost like a non-existant lightbulb is burned out. Is there an easy way to fix it? Thanks :mrgreen:

mine is wierd because it dims when i turn the lights on but not all the time sometimes the lights will/ be off and the hud will dim like the lights on my car are on, and then other times the lights are on and it wont dim and then it may dim and be too dim to see properly...

tony asked me so I shall say it for everyone.

the 94-03 GP hud has the same photoelectric sensor and virtually the same guts. the write ups apply to all 94-03 units, in spite of what they may say. the difference between the 04-96 and 97-03 units is only related to the display output, and the neccesary changes to the wiring pinouts that feed the HUD.

tony asked me so I shall say it for everyone.

the 94-03 GP hud has the same photoelectric sensor and virtually the same guts. the write ups apply to all 94-03 units, in spite of what they may say. the difference between the 04-96 and 97-03 units is only related to the display output, and the neccesary changes to the wiring pinouts that feed the HUD.

I second that one as I've got a 97+ HUD in my car.