Pioneer radio in 2000 GTP.

94CutlassXtreme

No, if you search for it you can find a device that will let you keep your steering wheel controls with an after market HU. I dont know exactly what it is, as Ive never had to deal with it.

I don't think RKE and security system shit was moved into the HU until the '04 GP's.

The only Pre-04 W's that used the headunit to change the "convenience" settings were the 00-up Monte and Impala. Even if your car had that type of headunit, all you'd need to do is set everything where you wanted it before removing the HU (then install an aftermarket chime module because you'd lose the chime function after removing the stock HU.) I did exactly that in my Impala, and everything still functions normally.

Here's a module that's plug-n-play with the GM steering wheel controls and Pioneer HU's:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-SWI-PS-Pioneer-Steering-Wheel-Remote-AVIC-N2-N3-D2_W0QQitemZ190030241670QQihZ009QQcategoryZ60208QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://search.ebay.com/SWI-PS_W0QQfromZR40QQsatitleZSWIQ2dPS

Youll need the adapter ( harness ) for that HU for that car. Other than the dash kit. those two things and youll have no problem.

Won't work. You'll either need to wire around the bose or some guys on clubgp splice rca cables in somehow to keep the bose. Personally I think the bose sucks ass so I wired around it.