installing a sub w/ stock h/u

bill6639

hey every one i have a 95 regal with the concert stereo 2 sys and a cassette deck up front

I have a earthquake 800watt 6x9 the i used in my taurus as a center sub and i wanted to use my power acoustik amp to power that speaker in my trunk but idk how i should run the audio wires from the h/u to teh amp

any suggestions?

personally, i wouldn't run the 6x9 as a sub. i'd just invest in a cheap sub and use that. i think you'll hear much the same from other members here.

however, since you didn't ask my opinion, i'll help you out.

you need what's called a line level converter. it converts your factory speaker wires to rca jacks. you can pick them up pretty cheap at any wal mart, jerkit city or radio shack. also, you will need to run a remote wire from your factory amp to your aftermarket amp.

http://www.installer.com

They'll have the "Line-Level" converters and a plethora of other items to steer you in the right direction.

If you ever need any more advice on upgrading the system in your Regal, hit me up, 'cause I've left nothing stock in my Regal except for the rear 6X9's (I also have pics of my amp, amp wiring, and speaker install if you're curious to see what lurks underneath your interior panels :wink: ...)