what about this alt.

versache

You pay for what you get when it comes to an alt.. and since you have a DOHC, if you don't want to be changing it again in the near future, I'd get a Delco alt. Make sure it has the adapter plate on the back of the alt for the plastic vent too, without that, what air the alt CAN breathe will be hot air.

Most of my family owns GM cars, my experience with GM Altinators teaches me the following:

You can get a lifetime warranty one from Pepboys and it will last from 1k to 15k miles! :lol:

Or you can get a genuine AC-Delco (without a lifetime warranty) and it will last 70k+ miles. :wink:

Since you have a DOHC you better get genuine AC-Delco.

You have been warned/educated.

-- Kevin Heider

my volt meter is reading a little above 8v and the damn Anti lock brakes keep coming on! Looks like my alt is on its death bed and redy to eat some dust.... :( :cry: :( :cry:

by the way i just had it replaced this january and its an AC Delco WIT a lifetime warranty but the mechanic who has all the reciepts and stuff is in jail for domestic violence for 11 YEARS!! on the bright side, when he does get out, ill still have the alternator sitting somewhere so i can collect a new one or money back :wink:

I bought a genuine Delco alternator from O'Reillys WITH lifetime warranty, and O'Reillys is a big chain around here so I don't have to worry about them going out of business!

I actually did have a genuine AC Delco alternator last only 2-yrs though... but that's a lot better than the 6-months to a year that the "Sentry Gold" remans from Western Auto (now Advance Auto) lasted.

I wonder if the CS-130D open-frame alternators used on 94+ 3100's are any more reliable than the CS-130 alts used 88-93?

they all suck. my delco one went out in 6 mo/5k miles, didn't drive the car for 3 of those. its a PITA job on the 3.4 too, did it last saturday.