rearview mirror

rockfangd

hi everyone i just picked up a rearview mirror out of a later model buick roadmaster. the mirror is auto dimming and map lights, there is a single clear button on the bottom. i need the wiring schematic for this mirror. there is a 7 pin plug that plugs into the mirror. only 5 are used. the wires that go to the plug have 2 connectors. a 4 pin and a 1 pin. the plug with the one pin is a black wire. the 4 plug connector has pink,blue/ white, orange, black. can anyone help me with identifying wires. thanks any help would be appreciated :biggrin:

here are some pics, and does anyone know how to mount this mirror. i can get it on the button on the window but it wiggles left and right. there is no set screw. is the button different. (i didnt grab the button when i got it :redface:). these are the connectors too

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

well i would have t take apart the mirror to find out though right. crazy k helped me with the last one . i dont want to chance anything because these mirrors are hard to come by

No, just pull out the plug and shine a light down at the board. You can usually see a marking on the breadboard itself like "12V" then "GND", etc.

Yeaaahhh it just pops out, you have to do it carefully though. The ball just pops out of the sleeve on the mirror. Be real careful though, the sleeve can crack. And carefull pop the ball into the sleeve. Real easy.

That reminds me. I need to tape mine up again!

well i found an even easier way for the gentex mirror. i took it apart and there is one bolt inside. i just switched it from another gentex mirror i had. good as new now all i need is the pinouts

well i have kind o figured it out.

pink-ign hot

orange constant hot

bkack on the 4 plug-ground

blue/white domelight-

everything seems to work fine but the only wire i havent found a home for is the black one that is by itself

th only thing i can think of id the whole reverse thing but everything works

Hey! be careful, some of auto mirrors with domelights present a power drainage from the car, which may result in a dead battery after a day or two or a week or somthing....

I would fix that by hooking both powered wires to a switched source.

good luck! oh yeah pics once you have it working!

lol the mirror is in my winter rat. once i got used to my multi function mirror in my cutty i couldnt not have the dimming feature. it is in a 95 pontiac sunfire. i would have taken the one out of my cutty but chancing a 200$ mirror and the sensors i ran are not wort it, and also te pink wire is hooked up to a fused switchable when the key is on and the orange is hooked up to a constant fused both are 10 amp fuses. safety first