TV cable removal

TLOC

Preparing to do the oil pump o-ring replacement but can't seem to remove the TV cable from the throttle body. I'm afraid I might break the black plastic fastener to throttle linkage. Lil' help fellas. Thanks...T :dunno: :confused?:

• 3 weeks later...

I got instructions on tgpforums.com on how to remove it and this is what I was told:

If you look at the linkage on the throttle body, there are 3 different connections. The bottom 2 are the throttle linkages. On the top there is a single black connector. That is the TV cable....If you follow that line and look back you will see a black "thing"....

http://home.earthlink.net/~z284pwr/grand_prix/tv_cable/tv_1.JPG

That is what it looks like...

If have skinny arms and can see, look from the top down and you will see the top of the connector....

http://home.earthlink.net/~z284pwr/grand_prix/tv_cable/tv_3.JPG

Looks like that....its a button....if you push it, it will unlock so you can adjust it....The easiest way to check it is to press the button, then push the cone that is connected to the end of the cable that the connector extends from all the way back in, you will hear it click....When its all the way back in, while still pushing it down, open the throttle all the way, then release the button, that is approximately the proper adjustment.

Now, for some reason my TV cable was different from others, whether someone installed a new cable or throttle body. Subsequentally I never got the cable off. The button they are talking about is on the end of the cable closest to the top of the throttle body, not the cone shaped piece at the bottom of the cable. Hope I'm still making sense lol. As I said, mine never came off because it doesn't have this piece.

Best of luck to you, and I hope that you're able to remove it. If not, this and more info is available on TGPForums.com, look under the "Problems and Solutions" section, and it's discussed on Page 2 of "Grinders 18 Rolling TGP Learning Thread". If anything, bring up a new post on there or search for previous posts. Hope any of this helps you! Keep us posted!