Could this be my IAC?

gmrulz4u

After my cars been parked for a few hours or more, and I start it, put it in REVERSE, and turn the wheels, if I don't step hard on the gas while moving backwards it will just about stall, but then all of a sudden increase RPMs by 1000 or so and force me to step on the brakes.

Now, it's obvious that because it ONLY does it when I have the wheels turned, that the engine is NOT responding to the power steering load that is being applied to it right away.

So, I know that the ECM commands the IAC(Idle Air Control) motor to OPEN and let more air in whenever a load is detected, and perhaps the IAC is "sticking" and not responding right away. Because of this, the ECM commands even MORE air, and then when the IAC FINALLY OPENs, the RPMs go way up and the car surges backwards...

Am I right here guys? Can it be anything else?

THANKS!!:)

if your car intermittently(sp?) idles rough, or after cranking initially after sitting for a while, then it's probably your IAC sticking like you're thinking. Try removing it and cleaning it off and depress it a few times to see if it is stuck and whatnot, I had a similar problem and thought it was a vacuum leak somewhere(check every single vacuum line on the car and replaced lots of them as a precautionary measure), then I cleaned my old IAC and my idling problem got better so I just went and bought a new one for around $25 and problem solved. Hope this helps.