Ordered a new Optima Red Top UPDATE: Pics up!

5speedz34

Ordered one last night from Jeg's. The one I had in the Z34 was the smaller Red Top for our cars, and it hasn't been charged since ohh about October.

FWIW: Prices went up last week around here for them from $129 to $169! I got mine for $140 shipped. Since my battery is in the trunk I plan on rewiring that hackjob also. *cough* Aweb *cough*

I figured I'd post, since this is the first step towards getting the Z running again.

Wait...I must have missed something. I didn't know your Z wasn't running. What the hell is wrong with it?

In a nutshell, the car hasn't run since last August when a few things happened.

A) Fuel line burst that Aaron used a hose clamp to fabricate, could've caught the car on fire.

B) The car would start and instantly die, because of fouled out plugs due to the headers/untuned car.

C) The headers rubbing on everything.

I did replace the plugs, but I didn't want to drive the car again, and it was getting cold so I parked it.

Tony, I was thinking(and tried calling you about also), maybe if I can get a weekend off sometime, I can come up and we can pull those headers, port some exhaust manifolds, and put them on so you can get it running.

Tony, I was thinking(and tried calling you about also), maybe if I can get a weekend off sometime, I can come up and we can pull those headers, port some exhaust manifolds, and put them on so you can get it running.

i'd be up for it.

A) Fuel line burst that Aaron used a hose clamp to fabricate, could've caught the car on fire.

Wow I would want to beat the living shit out of him if I were you. That just might be serious... :rolleyes:

Wow I would want to beat the living shit out of him if I were you. That just might be serious... :rolleyes:

Meh.

I love my free Optima Red Top. A J-Body gave it's life that I could have it. :lol:

I just realized the other day, I miswired my mirror when I redid the wiring, and it's currently hooked to a "hot-in-off" supply of power... it's on all the time. Relatively small current draw, I'd assume, but my car starts up like a champ every morning. :thumbsup: I'd recommend the Red Top to anyone.

FWIW: Prices went up last week around here for them from $129 to $169! I got mine for $140 shipped. Since my battery is in the trunk I plan on rewiring that hackjob also. *cough* Aweb *cough*

sooo....is this making fun of me?

and fyi, i got a 800ish cca red top for 115 at advance auto .....woot for cheaper than you.

sooo....is this making fun of me?

and fyi, i got a 800ish cca red top for 115 at advance auto .....woot for cheaper than you.

No it means I'm going to be talking to you soon about redoing my (hacked) trunk relocation. When did you get it for $115?! I should check Advanced prices but they are like 25 minutes from here. Costco had the smaller one with the GM terminals, but I wanted more POWA!

my red top has top and side mounts....i did this about a year ago....

I know I know, Optima only offers 2 batteries with the GM style side posts; and those all have top posts.

Optima came in today!

This won't be going into the car for about a month. I think it should be fine, but should I put it on a trickle charger?

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Put it on a trickle charger.

How much does one cost? I also don't know a whole lot about them.

What do you guys think of these?

iso.jpg

optima_iso-01.jpg

hahaha my new duralast gold bttery has 900 cca amps for $76 dollars from autozone

Ok, do you know how good Optima's are? They are gel cell technology and will not spill, resist shock and vibration 10x what a lead-acid battery will do.

Why don't you shut your fucking mouth before you post about your shitty ass battery from Idiotzone.