Cruise acting up... Help needed inside :)

nebojsa_o

Hello people. My guess is that this was covered sometime before, but I don't have time to search through a bunch of threads at the moment. I have to be at work in 6 hours, and have some things to do yet... Here's the deal.

Today me and my brother were going to the shooting range, and he was driving my car. He couldn't get cruise to hold the speed, wouldn't activate at all... The turn signals and wipers still worked, I asked him to try it out.

Then on the way back, I was driving, and I figured I'll give it a try. I tried, and about a minute later, I finaly got it to activate. I was driving for a while, cruise holding at 110km/h for about 3-5 minutes. And then the car downshifted, and the speed started going up. It got up to 140km/h before I turned the cruise off...

I've read a few things about cruise not working before, but I've never seen it increase the speed by itself.

Does anyone have any ideas? If it was a fuse, it wouldn't work at all, so I'm guessing it's not a fuse.

What's your best guess? :willynilly:

I had a problem with my brake light switch sticking on my Regal, and other than causing the brake lights to remain on, it also would not allow the cruise to activate. What I did was reach up under the dash and push the switch down towards the pedal and made sure there was enough slack for the plunger to drop and activate the lights when I stepped on the pedal. I've never had the problem since...

What else could it be?? What would tell it to increase speed?? It went up over 30km/h from what I set it to. Also if it was the brake switch my brake lights would be on all the time?? They aren't so far. And if it was thinking the brake is pressed I would be able to shift from Park to another gear without holding the brake, but I can't. Any other ideas?

Pull off your multifunction stalk (grab it like your girl grabs your weiner and give it a good yank.) Unplug the tiny harness from the base of it before removing it, though. When you have it out, inspect the 4 wires that run out the back of it. If I had to guess, the reason it "increases speed on its own" is because the 2 wires that comprise the "resume" button are shorted together...

Alright so that's something I can try tomorrow since I have a day off, and a garage all to myself!

So, tools needed:

1. Ex-girlfriend to grab it.

:lol: There is nothing else to it, just pull it straight out??

Alright so that's something I can try tomorrow since I have a day off, and a garage all to myself!

So, tools needed:

1. Ex-girlfriend to grab it.

:lol: There is nothing else to it, just pull it straight out??

Correct. Hopefully she gets a good grip on 'er :lol:. Tell her not to put her face right in front of it, though or she'll end up with a black eye :lol: ...