Schudini

So my original cluster (92 GP SE Coupe, 3.1) was messed up (speedo way high, idiot lights on, etc.) so I bought a used cluster from a member here (don't remember who, it's been awhile). I plugged it in today and everything reads as it is supposed to.

Only one thing, the original cluster's tach was numbered to 7k, with redline starting at 6k and hashed at 5500rpm. New (used) cluster numbered to 8k, with redline starting at 7k and hashed at 6500rpm.

The new cluster seems to be displaying the proper rpm's with the engine running, so the question is...

Is there any problem with running the new cluster?

(guess I'll have to remember not to take the 3.1 above 5500rpm -- is there a rev limiter?)

floor it and if it still shifts at 5500 (or whatever it did before) then you should be fine. I really doubt you will have any issues. The ECM/transmission controls shift points not the cluster.. lol

floor it and if it still shifts at 5500 (or whatever it did before) then you should be fine. I really doubt you will have any issues. The ECM/transmission controls shift points not the cluster.. lol

Yeah, that does sound funny the way I worded it.

I guess my main concern was if the cluster would display the correct RPM, or if it would be scaled (by a factor based on needle sweep vs. data range, etc.)

Never really floored it before, so don't know the shift point.