Skipping CD player in the GTP.

94CutlassXtreme

Well, I love the Bose system in the GTP I just bought, the sound quality and bass is better than the system in my Cutlass was. But one problem. The CD player skips...ALOT. I'm not even talking about hitting bug bumps, I talking...all the time. Any one have similar issues? FYI, all I've tried playing is a burnt CD.

Try using a cd lens cleaner disc on it.....if that doesn't help I'd say your laser pickup is on the way out and you might as well get another factory unit off ebay or a yard..or go aftermarket

ive had a rash of burnt cd's that just skip.. either i was writing them too fast or they just suck... i had like 12 cd's doing that all the time...

can you be sitting still and it does it?

cheap cd-rs will eventually develop errors over time, even if theres no scratches.

burn speed can also affect how fast they wear out, or perhaps cause errors in the first place.

I'd try ripping the cds that are skipping in a computer with an error reporting program such as Nero CD-DVD Speed or Exact Audio Copy, to see if the cd-rs are worn out. If that fails it's pretty easy to clean the laser, but don't expect stellar results from a Delco cd player, they're still pretty sensitive to defects.

I've had no problems with skipping at all, and CD-Rs are pretty much what I only play :willynilly: Try picking up one of those CD player cleaning kits, with the CD with the little brushes on the bottom. The music on those are good too...

If all else fails, aftermarket CD player, or snag a replacement off of eBay.