pissed at the TGP

kuntzie

so ya i broke another 2 axles today @ stock ride height (on the street too) running 8 psi of boost, and the broke in the same old usual part. the first one i was goofing around a little to see how everything was holding up with the back to stock ride height deal: and snap

the 2nd one drove around semi normal, then just before my driveway the car starting making a grind, sure enough (as usual) it was the driver axle once again......

i dont know what to do now heres what im thinking

1- go performance axles (but people are saying the problems is elsewere anyways)

2- back to stock turbo/ clutch ect

3. set up a mini camera on the tranny so i can se exactly what the hell is happenning (might be the most logical decission) but i am getting to the point where im sick and tired of changing axles.

4- ??????

holy shit, could an alignment be causing this problem??? <<< thought of that just now as i was typing, the alighnment isnt that bad but still coultd that be contributing in some way

See if there's a performance shop in your area somewhere they maybe specializes in FWD suspesion (long shot, I know), maybe they have some people that can check out all the geometry of the axles and see if they can cross out that problem. In the end I'm going to say custom axles anyway, but I would try to check to see if there's a problem besides the power factor first.

Id try an alignment first. I mean you know there a little out of place and whats $50 to get that taken care of? Once this is dont, then put the axles back in ( that you know are good axles ) and try it out.

What year axles are you using Jeff? The ones intended for 91-93 cars w/ the Getrag 284's? I'm starting to wonder if your issue might be from having a Getrag 284 mounted in a 1989 subframe....it would be interesting to compare mounting dimensions on a 1989 vs. 1991(I believe the subframes changed that year, at least to accomodate the mounting of the 3800's placed in them, I think the axle length is different between the 88-90 & 91-93 cars also, but I may be wrong).

matt....

ive tried

1989 W abs

1990-1994 are the same driver side - tried them tones of times

1996- monte- broke aswell

also the spspention in an 89 is different in an 89 then a 90. the bolt size for the strut mounts are bigger from 1990+, i installed te 90 suspention when i de lowered it.

so this is what im going to try-

1988 non abs see how that works out