50-100mph Video (Intrigue)

BCM

whats with the dog....

try what i do kind hold you camera with a couple finger on your right hand and just rest it on top of your airbag that way you can hold the steering wheel with both hands :)

maybe it is just because your car is soo damn quiet but that seemed to take quite a while

When i uploaded the video to my computer it went to a walk around vid (recorded over some of it) and its my neighbor's annoying ass dog.

It does seem slow to me...I do need a new belt (mine sometimes squeaks a little), and probly some other things lol. oh and my window was down so thats why you couldnt really hear the engine much..

3.05 gears..........bleech :mad: :confused:

Gas saver gears just aren't too great for performance. Hell, by the time you pound your governor (108ish mph), you'll only be at ~4700rpm going off of the video..............not even at peak power in 3rd gear, with another (comletely unusable) gear to go.

I LOVE GM :rolleyes:

Governor = 110mph = :cussing:

I have the Autobahn Package including H rated tires(130mph) but yet I get the stupid governor like all the others without it.

Yeah I filled up on gas right after that little joy ride :wink:

Ok............110........maybe your speedo is 2 mph off :razz:

Sucks that you still get the governor though...........LX5 cars had theirs moved to 126mph with the Autobahn package.............and they do it EASILY.

I bet with 3.05 gears in your Intrigue, if you got a DHP Powertunr, I'd suspect you'd have a 125-130mph car given a few miles of pavement (and I bet it pull would reasonably hard through 120mph......~5200rpm.........where the power starts to ramp off). Going past 130mph though will require a few mods at least though (and probably an oil cooler to deal with being at high rpm for so long). Good luck pulling 4th gear though :wink:

Not to mention a good venue for all of it..............say, Nebraska?? :biggrin:

BCM You don't have the autobahn package if your car curs out at 108 mph my black Intrigue has it and I think, it's been a while that the car cuts out a 132 mph my white Intigue doesnt have it and fuel shut off is at 113mph. I can do a video for you guys tonight if you want.

i did the same thing with my monte... 3400 power :lol:

I think your 3400 Monte would be a decnt match for the 3800 Intrigue.............both cars take roughly 20 seconds to go from 50-100mph.

I bet the Intrigue would win by a little if you were side by side though :wink:

Oh............and your Monte DID kick to 2nd gear.............

BCM You don't have the autobahn package if your car curs out at 108 mph my black Intrigue has it and I think, it's been a while that the car cuts out a 132 mph my white Intigue doesnt have it and fuel shut off is at 113mph. I can do a video for you guys tonight if you want.

I do have it as it says on the window sticker, and it cuts at 110, but aren't your Intrigue's both 3.5s? That might explain why yours cuts out at different speeds..

i did the same thing with my monte... 3400 power :lol:

I think your 3400 Monte would be a decnt match for the 3800 Intrigue.............both cars take roughly 20 seconds to go from 50-100mph.

I bet the Intrigue would win by a little if you were side by side though :wink:

Oh............and your Monte DID kick to 2nd gear.............

2nd gear... yeah that time :lol:

my car is by no mean a speed deomon but aside from my old regal it is the fastest car i have owned.

and yeah with the mods i have it could very well keep up with a stock AUTO 3800, lord knows i cannot touch my buddies camaro with the 3800 SII and a 5speed and it is bone stock with 217,000 KM

still want a PCM for the added "it will" 2nd gear drop, and the removed speed limiter... nothing worse that a car with the FWI pulling like it does to the limiter and all of a sudden you literally feel like something just broke.