Got my high flow cat on the other day, pics inside

stiv2k

So I ordered a Catco universal fit high flow catalytic converter on E-bay for 50 bucks. I ordered 2.25" because that's what the pipe diameter was or so i thought...turns out the inside diameter is 2 inches. Anyway, I got around that by getting some cheap adapter welded on and all is good now. How do you like the custom weld? Some small welding shop did it for 25 bucks near my work.

100_2454.jpg

what's the difference? I only did that because chances are, it isn't welded 100% square and straight and i more than likely needed to rotate it a little to align up w/ the rest of the exhaust

honestly, i dont see a difference between welding vs. clamps

maybe im just confused but if the shot welded the adapter rings for you why couldnt they have dont the joint with the ubolt... i agree with you on the under the car thing but i have cut my head on a ubolt before and once on my 81 regal i had one hangin that got cought on a speedbump and ripped my exhaust wide open... i like the welds for more than appearance when you think about it...

i love my hi flow cat

gave the exhuast such a better note.

not alot of perfornce gains

agreed

maybe im just confused but if the shot welded the adapter rings for you why couldnt they have dont the joint with the ubolt... i agree with you on the under the car thing but i have cut my head on a ubolt before and once on my 81 regal i had one hangin that got cought on a speedbump and ripped my exhaust wide open... i like the welds for more than appearance when you think about it...

I told him not to do it because if he didn't weld it perfectly square, the holes wouldn't have lined up and i would have never been able to get it bolted up. I told him to leave that section unwelded so I can rotate it as I see fit until the bolts line up.

i'll think about it....it's much much easier to take the downpipe off this way, since earlier, the cat kept hitting the ground due to the curvature of the pipe...i never had enough room

so, was your old cat bad?...because if it wasnt, there is really no gain @ all from the high-flow cat...

I threw it out before I remembered to take pics, but the catalyst was broken in about 5 or 6 big pieces just rattling around in there whenever I went over bumps and stuff...I would say it was definitely shot. :wink: