Removal of upper door trim-96 Monte

capitol-izod

Hi all,

I am new here. Recently picked up a 96 Monte LS and i am getting it painted within the next couple of weeks (hopefully).

Now my question involves the metal strip, on the door, at the bottom of the door glass. On my car this piece is peeling really bad. I would like to remove it and either strip it or replace it. It seems like it should come off the door since it has a rubber gasket around it, but i cant seem to figure it out.

I didn't see any clips on the inside of the door. Perhaps it just pulls off some how. I even looked in the Factory service manual, but i did not see any section referring to this trim piece (and that book seems to cover EVERY other piece of trim).

Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Ian

1996 Purple (soon to be blue) Monte Carlo

3.1L

If you have a good bodyshop nearby that does GM stuff, take it to them. I had both replaced on my 1997 for $40 (parts and labor). They come pre-painted from the factory. The guy who put them in, spent a total of 10 minutes doing them in the parking lot. :eek: :smile: