Heater/AC output level

Dr.Fiero

Ok - only had the car about 7 weeks or so, but....

I've got a buddy with a nearly the same car. We set our heater controls to the same place, and parked the cars beside each other. With them both idling, fan on max, and A/C going, I stuck my hand in front of each cars vents. Temp was about the same.... but.... the VOLUME of air coming out of his ducts is about twice what mine is!

I went through the manual, and there's no reference or hint of a filter. BUT, in the parts breakdown of the HVAC system there's a 'water filter' shown! Seems to sit right between the heater core and the evaporator (??).

That seems to me to be clogged and blocking a lot of my air flow.

Anyone ever removed/changed this?

in the hvac box, there is a filter on the a/c evaporator. this is on the backside of the evaporator after air has alrady gone through it. The biggest source of clogging is the front side of the condenser where muck, mold, and god knows what else can grow and fester on the surface of the condensor.

in the hvac box, there is a filter on the a/c evaporator.

Ok, cool (no pun intended!).

Any hints/tips/suggestions on getting it in/out and not loosing any {more} hair along the way?

I just remarked on the same info in C-bad's heater core thread

Because his appears to be a '95 and I'm a '93 - that's a totally different interior though right???

Too bad I didn't realize it was plugged when I had the interior 95% pulled to clean it when I first bought the car. :D

the hvac unit is identical on ALL GEN 1s and GEN 1.5s EXCEPT: cars with dual climate control, or automatic climate control. But with regard to the exceptions, they are neglible... they are identical with regards to the matter at hand.

the only differnce you will have is the gen 1 lumina dashboard has more clearance for the HVAC lower cover. (thank god)

the only differnce you will have is the gen 1 lumina dashboard has more clearance for the HVAC lower cover. (thank god)

MORE clearance... that's what I like to hear! :D

Thanks!

(I'm just laying in some new speaker wiring at this moment, so maybe I'll just delve a little deeper "while I'm there")