Car died again...I'm done

94CutlassXtreme

Well, I just got my car back from the body shop Friday, and the thing has been running amazing since I fixed it. So friday night I decided to follow my co-worker for a quick jaunt down some sections of 2 lane highway in my city. So we dicked around and hit about 110 tops. He has a 90 Celica GT 5-speed. And man, I had him, I pulled on him like no tomorrow. So we pull into a convinience store to wait and make sure we didnt go screaming past a cop. We decide to leave, so I put my car in reverse and it just shut off. Once again, I have no engine light, meaning no ECM signal. So it cranks and cranks just like last time. It ran amazing so I dont know if I fried the ECM, so I'm thinking wiring issue. So I'm pretty sure I'm done at this point. I dont know what to do with the car, and this week I'm going to look at an 89 TGP with 66k on the clock for 3500. Any thoughts on my predicament?

What get rid one sweet ass ride over a simple problem?

I'll give you $50 for it!

j/k

elaborate, what do you mean no engine light? has it done this before?

Has to be a wiring short that's fucking it up (sorry if I'm being Captian Obvious). I dunno about the past problems, but does it fix itself with each new ECM? If not, if could just be a short in the fuel pump wiring..

If not that, well, the engine wiring harness is a bitch and half to inspect all the way through...

Try a simple fix first. Grap a ECM from a junkyard, and take a 10g wire and either solder it to the outside on the case somewhere, and take the other side of the wire and connect it to the frame somewhere. We had this problem on alot of our freightliners and volvos and White/GMC's. They finnaly figured out that somewhere in the wiring looms on the trucks, the wires for simple grounds was underated, or if it wasnt underated, it wasnt able to handle the amperage going thru the system. Anyways, something cheap for you to try.

If not that, well, the engine wiring harness is a bitch and half to inspect all the way through...

Hell yes it is. Much easier to grab a non-hacked, clean looking harness from a JY vehicle and just swap it in. Should take maybe a weekend.

BTW, get rid of that Accel garbage and switch back to AC Delco stuff.