coolant temp switch?

mauijim

ok, i'm having to replace my lim gasket, and i'm about to remove the im and the last thing attached is what looks like a big (1") plug screwed into the back driver's side corner of the im with a coolant line coming out of it that runs up to a metal line that goes through the firewall. from looking at sensor location pics, this looks like where the coolant temp sender should go. when i tried to unscrew it, it broke off (without too much torque i might add) and left what looks like it's aluminum nipple stuck in the hole in the intake manifold.

i have the BASE instrument panel.

is this the coolant temp switch? what's throwing me is that there arent any wires coming from it. there's just an arrow indicating the direction of flow embossed in the metal on the thing.

i have a GUAGES panel coming from ebay. if this is indeed the coolant temp switch, is this what i'm supposed to replace with a coolant temp sender anyway?

i've been trying to find a pic of this, but all i ever see are the senders.

crap, i thought i could get back to the computer and fix that post. i was looking at a picture of the cts right after i did it, and it's right under it. man i feel stupid. its the end of the heater hose i think.

you appear to be talking about the port that hooks to the rubber hose that feeds the heater core.

You can get a replacement 'hose port/hose nipple' from most any auto parts store, but you wil have to get the broken chunk of the old 'port/nipple' out.

HELP UP OUT!!! I have no clue what type of motor you are even talking about. but I will say that the temp sensor for the guages is is the drivers side rear of the back head.

the temp one that tells the computer (and thus controls the fans) is right by the thermostat as well, and will be made of brass.