I've been waiting over two years to ask this question...

fastbird232

...but kept waiting for someone else to ask in case it was a common one.

Anyway, why do some second-gen Grand Prixs have the grilles up top between the headlights, and some down lower like the first-gens?

Throughout all the years? I mean, look at the cover of the Chilton's w-body book: it's got a GP sedan with the 3800 with the grilles down low. If it was base, wouldn't it have a 3100?

Throughout all the years? I mean, look at the cover of the Chilton's w-body book: it's got a GP sedan with the 3800 with the grilles down low. If it was base, wouldn't it have a 3100?

The SE's got the grilles there, eventually SE's got the same body cladding as the upper models. I want to say in '01?

I think a 3800 was a option.

haha I wondered that myself.. I always thought it was hideous with the grills further down

The first-gens pull it off, the second-gens most certainly do not.

Yup. With either front end, the SEs just look awkward to me becuase the lack of rocker moldings and the different rear bumper. If anything, the 01+ models look worse because the front bumper hangs lower and wider than the rest of the car. Just always bugged me. :willynilly:

Yup. With either front end, the SEs just look awkward to me becuase the lack of rocker moldings and the different rear bumper. If anything, the 01+ models look worse because the front bumper hangs lower and wider than the rest of the car. Just always bugged me. :willynilly:

My brother's SE just looks weird like that.

With only the lower grill, it looks like a first gen grand prix, which I believe is what they were going for.

Well they were way off then haha. I hate the looks of the se's.

actually everything reminds of big ole' titties but intrigues are a close second

this is a google image search of 99 GP SE

tamarine8gp.png

no BS look it up yourself!!