SD card slot in the car

Dirty Rockstar

Hey gang..

..I am wondering somehting.. At work a coyuple days ago I was palyin with a CD player that had an SD slot on the front.. Well, seeing as how the deck with that slot is particularly a HUGE POS, and not worth the solder in them, I want to add an SD slot to the decent deck I am adding to the Lumina..

Here's the trick.. I want it simply to display images on the deck's 6.5" LCD screen while playing, or simply when I decide to slide a card in.. I'd like both those options, but would settle just to get it to show images while playing, no matter what mode I am in..

I am wanting to attach the slot to an Alpine IVA-W200 "multimedia" unit..

I was thinking/wondering about somehow using the Ai-Net connection in the back, as they do have a USB connector available for it.. But I think this is more for Audio (WHich could be neat too..)

Thanks for any input on this you al can offer! I appreciate it!

my jvc has sd in it too, i use the crap out of mine works perfect, put your own pics on your cd player if you want too, its a new one, cant remember the model name though

I appreciate the input guys!

Chris, I am goin with the W200 because it is pimp as hell, plus I like the idea of the screen, and the capabilities it has..

Again, thanks guys!

That AI-Net port is only good for Audio, no video. You will need to plug it into the video input port on the Alpine.

I wasn't sure how specific it was.. Anyway, I figure I would need to switch the mode on it if I hook it into a video input on it..

Unless theres a way to add my images through iPersonalize.. I have an account there I think :lol:

IVA-W200 won't display video from SD. As was said before, the USB add-on (a $150 option) can't send video over Ai-Net. So that means if you want to display video, you'll need to use a SD-based MP3 player that happens to support video and has a video output. Unfortunately, you couldn't do both video and sound at the same time because none of those players that I'm aware of can work in Disk Mode (where the USB add-on could access it) while displaying video at the same time. I have an MP3 player that displays photos and video, it has to be shut off to go into Disk Mode. A Car PC might be your only option here, at least to do exactly what you want.

I'm planning to sell a Jensen VM9020TS on eBay soon. It's a 2-DIN 6.5" LCD HU with AM/FM/TV/DVD/SD. It'll play photos off of SD (as well as CD). It just won't do both at the same time, I don't think. Yeah, I know it's Jensen, but I was actually rather impressed by it.

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=14436&langId=-1