Odd noises from my car

grandprix104

well my car is talking to me again, only i wish it would speak english.

It is making a strange howling noise (like blowing in an empty beer bottle) that is coming from the rear of the vehicle. the noise lessons to a rythmic rumble at slow speeds. It sounds like alloy low profile wheels do at high speeds but my car hasnt made tht noise before so it cant be the wheels?? I suspect fuel pump :?

The car is also emmitting an obnoxious whistle from right in front of the drivers seat in the engine bay. The whistle intensifies when i push on the gas. :?

Still makes that clicking sound but it isnt as bad since i added some injector cleaner. So i guess ill be replacing those soon :(

well my car is talking to me again, only i wish it would speak english.

It is making a strange howling noise (like blowing in an empty beer bottle) that is coming from the rear of the vehicle. the noise lessons to a rythmic rumble at slow speeds. It sounds like alloy low profile wheels do at high speeds but my car hasnt made tht noise before so it cant be the wheels?? I suspect fuel pump :?

Have you done anything to your wheels lately? Last year when I put my winter tires on I bent the rear passenger side brake shield and it made a howling noise like you described if I went over 15mph. It got louder the faster I went, all I did was stuck a screw driver through one of the holes in the wheel and bent it back.

Btw. It was bent so that it rubbed against the inside of the wheel and I bent it towards the rotor untill it was far away enough from the wheel.

I hear that whistling noise on our 1994 Pontiac GrandAm and it is more evident at high speed. It could be alternator but I suspect it might be the A/C compressor when it is not in use.

I notice the whistling noise go away when I'm using the A/C. The whistling noise comes on once in a while but when they do make the noise, the noise disappears when I turn on the A/C.

It might be the A/C is drowning the noise? So, it could be alternator as well or perhaps water pump?

well it isnt the alternator making noise the low howling/humming noise comes from the definite rear of the vehicle. The whistling noise comes from the front of the car and sounds like a running water faucet does through the wall of a house (if you can understand that :D ) I think it does go away when the AC is on but ill have to double check that.