Well it finally happened

mischief3003

So if some of you havent known my drivers side window has been stuck down for sum time now. Maybe a month or so. And it finally decided to rain today while i was sleeping. It looks likes it was raing for a while and now i gotta go to work soon. This really blows casue i still can't find a new window switch for the drivers side.

Does anyone know any trickes on how to get the power window to go up??? I don't wanna pull casue it feels like im gonna break sumtin.

And the other day these 2 guys went all through my car and threw all the stuff under the radio compartment onto the floor. Nothing was stolen tho luckily casue i have nothing good to steal in there. But they were getting ready to hit up my friends eclipse with a full sound system in it.

is the switch bad or is the motor bad?

there are two wires that run to the switch from the motor. I'm notorious for sticking a nail into each one and touching a live jumper cable to each to make the window roll up or down (junkyard tech!) I do not have the wire color info on hand, but you could also just remove the door panel completely and see where the motor has the harness conect to it. remove the connector, then run a set of live cables to it and use two scedrivers to make contact with each to operate the window motor.

sorry i don't know the wire colors exactly, but i think they are blue and brown. you can always remove the siwtch and probe the contacts till the window moves.

what switch do you need?

year make model that is.......

That junkyard tech way works well. Just find a small nail, or paperclip, stick it into the wires connections on the back side of the switch. Then take a FUSED wire from the batterery, and jump the terminals for a small second each, until you find the right one. Once you find it, roll the Som'bitch up and call it a day. Should take all of 15 mins to do this until you find a switch. Are you needing one for a 2 or 4 door? Is it the same switch found in the TGP if it is a 2 door. I have one some where around here.

EDIT: Found your cardomain page, and I see its the 2 door, and the switch looks the same as a TGP. I will look around and see if I can find my old one. It works, just the auto down sticks.

EDIT2: You can also order one from the dealer new for 100 bucks LOL...

lol thanks guys well i went to the junkyard a few days ago and got acouple switches. First i got a passenger switch and the plugs are different since the drivers side switch has the combo drivers/passenger switch. Then i took a drivers side switch out of a old 2 dr grand prix and the plugs were still different.

But yes i have a 94 grand prix se 2 dr.

Thanks for the info so far. I'm still a little confused on what you guys are saying but it hink ill figure it out sooner or later. lol

** shakes head **

Alright, this is what you do. Under your hood you have both a battery, and a jump post terminal. Take a long peice of wire and either attach it or gator clip it to one of these points. Now run the wire inside your car and touch the terminals on the back side of the window switch plug. Just touch it there for a quick second until you find the circuit that rolls up the window. Now once this is done, disconnect your wire from under your hood and call it a day. Its really quite that simple...

I dont beleive a 9 volt battery will work because it doesnt carry the current needed to roll up the window. Just try my suggestion, I bet you find it will work. Unless the motor is dead that is...

Guys couldn't I just take a 9 volt battery and connect sum wires to it and push hem in every slot of the plug and do it til the window goes up?

It doesn't have the voltage, much less the amperage to move the motor. Just use the car battery.