95-96ish Grand Prix Hud..Questions

Sherlock

Hey i found some huds, they look like they are from a 94-96 grand prix, the in dash kind... but pre 97. I 'm not sure if thats exactly what theyare but, could some post a pic of one or are there any numbers on them that would tell me what they are.. They are a tad small than the 97+ grand prix hud.. but they look generally the same.

Thanks

Justin

how hard is it to install a HUD in a 94 GP SE??? Do you need a new dash panel and what does it look like installed??? Id like to put one in my GP but i wonder how big a hassle it is.

how hard is it to install a HUD in a 94 GP SE??? Do you need a new dash panel and what does it look like installed??? Id like to put one in my GP but i wonder how big a hassle it is.

It's super easy. You should have the harness for it in your dash already. Plug and play. I just put one in my '94 SE last month. You'll need a new dash pad. GM dealers say it has been discontinued and can't sell any. You might find one at some other website, gmpartsdirect, and so on. I still have yet to find one at a junkyard. Right now I have nothing covering up the top of my dash.

And as far as looks, I think it looks good.. here is brian89gp's HUD that he put in his car, from clubgp.com http://www.brian89gp.com/images/interior_misc/hud/DSCF0031.JPG

do you need to get a new reflective windshield for that though? I heard that in order for the HUD to show up you need some kind of special window...

Nope! Works perfect without the windshield.. I've seen HUDs on the specially designed ones, and on the regular windshields. No difference that I can see. Seems like someone's ploy to get more money.

Nope! Works perfect without the windshield.. I've seen HUDs on the specially designed ones, and on the regular windshields. No difference that I can see. Seems like someone's ploy to get more money.

thank you a lot, I was told a while ago that i needed the special windshield and that was what was keeping me from getting it!