I hate the rear brakes

toastemcutlass

Guest TurboSedan

And Malibuolds- For hecks sake PUT THE PIZZA BAG DOWN next time!

hahaha. seriously - the car rolled at least 70ft away, down a slight incline going straight backwards, and then jumped a curb and started rolling back towards me, back down the curb and heading towards a fire hydrant! i just ran like hell towards the car and heaved all of my weight onto the hood/front bumper. all the while i have a big lit up 'Papa John's' pizza sign on top of my car. needless to say i got in my car and got the hell out of there!

joshua

Ha ha ha! Damn man, get your car fixed! :)

This design does suck. I have yet to be able to retract the damn pistons. So every time I do the rears, I just buy loaded calipers.!

You can rent the tool at autozone and do it in like 30 sec.

i've seen that tool for sale at Checker for about $10 i think. wish i would have had that when i did my '94+ rear disc conversion - i ended up using a long nose pliers as a spanner wrench and *very slowly* turned the pistons back in (the used '94+ calipers i got).

btw, try delivering pizza in a manual car with no e-brake. it SUX!!! i have to turn my car off every time i stop so i can put it into 1st, or just park against a curb, throw it in neutral and hope it doesn't roll anywhere (which has happened before!) running after your car while carrying a pizza bag is kind of embarrasing :oops: someday i'll get those e-brake cables installed....

joshua

Ha ha ha! Damn man, that's one of the funniest things I've heard all day. I nearly spit my chocolate onto my monitor reading this! Damn! That's hilarious! If I seen that happening to someone I don't know if I'd try to help the guy or die laughing.

And Malibuolds- For hecks sake PUT THE PIZZA BAG DOWN next time!

hahaha. seriously - the car rolled at least 70ft away, down a slight incline going straight backwards, and then jumped a curb and started rolling back towards me, back down the curb and heading towards a fire hydrant! i just ran like hell towards the car and heaved all of my weight onto the hood/front bumper. all the while i have a big lit up 'Papa John's' pizza sign on top of my car. needless to say i got in my car and got the hell out of there!

joshua