SC3 Cars

IRONDOG442

Love them or hate them  

1. 1. Love them or hate them

• Love them
    • Hate them
    • Don't give a fuck about them

The cars are all 2001 Oldsmobiles the SC3 stands for Show Car 3 since they made 3 of them

Aurora

Intrigue

Alero

-They were all painted light blue with ghost tiger stripes and Oldsmobile logos over their fenders.

-Interiors were all blue leather (super soft) with light blue striped bolsters, steering wheel and seats.

-Special dual exhaust with stainless tips shaped like each cars specific tail lights.

-One piece 19" Bilet Aluminum Rocket "Budnik" wheels with Olds logos machined into the aluminum for spoke cut outs carbon fiber center caps with the schrader valves inside the rim for a smooth look. Mounted to Michelin ZR Pilot Sport Tires on them.

-Bilet Aluminum pedals with Rocket logo machined into them

-Leather floormats with embroidered Oldsmobile SC3 Logo and tiger stripes

-Oversized Oldsmobile Logo on rear decklids

-High piled custom cut carpet

-Interior panels/accents molded in blue to match interior

There may be more but that's all I can think of.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

These cars were made specifically for the North American International Auto Show in 2001 and showed in Los Angeles, the 105 Anniversary homecomming in Lansing and the Family day at the Indy 500 in 2001, right after the cars were built GM announced they were cutting Oldsmobile so they got pushed into the basement and forgotten about to let Olds "die slowly with out incident" in their own words. These cars were the last show cars Oldsmobile ever built.

I'm not wild about the paint and some of the interior striping but I love the unique wheels, the floor mats, gas pedal, etc. I also love the pedigree of these cars and the fact that they are factory 1-offs.

Blue Ribbons all the way around, but I would've loved to see the Aurora. A Silhouette would have been a sight to see too...

GM could've painted the car a different color and the designing may have looked more appealing to some but fun all the same. :thumb:

The Alero belongs to Ken Petrie of Michigan and the Aurora got scrapped at Schrams Auto Recyclers in Mason Michigan. I bought the car from the dealership that bought it at a GM Barret Jackson (Invite only) auction. I bought it without the book and the special wheels and found them for the car later on.

I not being an olds expert would like to see pics of these. They sound intresting. 19 Inch wheels in 2001 would have been extremely expensive. I pesonally would love to see this.

Sean

There is a seperate posting on this forum I will find the link:

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,49024.msg580778.html#msg580778

The rims reportedly cost GM $4,500 each (not per set) to make because they only made 3 or 4 sets of these and they were cut out of a solid block of aluminum and polished like a mirror.