Back from the yard

godofthunder

Just got back from Chesterfeild Auto parts here in Richmond (well, chesterfeild) VA.

Got myself an airbox from a 3100, and a new Rocket emblem. I saw a nice 96 Red CS coupe, identical to Dustins. Also saw two Internationals, one which was a 5-speed with a 2.8.

Unfournaltly, its hard to find anythning newer than early 90s there, so that 96 Coupe was a rare find, but nothing to help me much.

I might try getting an older CS soon so I can actually get some cool stuff for em!

Jon

96 while it looked ok out, tore up inside. Interior had a half broken dash, everything flooded, and all cool elec. stuff out. Motor was out, and so was hood. Front clip and everything was there, along with the rest of the body kit. No trunk. Did learn something, I thought all coupes had the rocket logo attached to hood, but this has it like mine does.

Also, I really dont like this yard, but its the only one i know of. Its kinda crummy, all the people there are grummy and nasty. Then, all cars are old. Windsow smashed, body pannels just hit. Also, everything is wet. Since its all outside, interiors all get soaked.

For example, I really would like a new front drivers seat...but any i find (i didnt see any this time) are soaked and nasty. This one had a halfway decent passenger seat, though.

It was cool, caus I really never been in one of the CS coupes like that

Jon

Alot of junkyards here buy cars from salvage auctions, so thats why most of the cars are wrecked, smashed, etc.

Nobody covers up the interiors, so they get full of water. Most of them clean up decently though.

My car came from one of these auctions too.

hey god of thunder could you see how much they want for 2 pieces off that international ground effects i need the front right side fender piece and the drivers side door piece if you could get a price and tell me about it i will send you the money asap cause i have everything else so let me kno

thanks

jeremy

this is greatly appericated

I would love to find out all that stuff, but i cant get back there anytime soon. That, and all the clips i saw on up front body panels were broken, mainy from a bunch of idots. As with the 5-speed, i almost bought that car. Me and debs saw a international just like it in Fredricks burg that needed a tranny, and that woulda been perfect.

I can call up there...but panels are expensice (80+ for a right fender for a Chevy Celebrity).

Jon

Funny, yards around me look at me weird and day they don't have anything that old when I ask for parts from a 90.

Come to Ohio, about all the junkyards that I live close to have older cars, barely any new ones though, damnit!