gm factory radios

Heza

does anybody know what years of gm cd players are compatible with my '94 grand prix? im doing stuff to it, but can't afford a stereo upgrade, but want a cd player. are grand am cd players from 96-99 compatible with the steering wheel controls?? i think they are, just not certain. anyone's help would be excellent. thanks!

zach

I'm in the same situtation and this is what I know so far.

- You'll need to pull the radio and double check the pin number on the back

- Once confirmed, search away. Anything from 1991 - 1996? is fare game from any W-Body (excluding the 1995+ Monte Carlo / Lumina)

- Take pictures for reference for yourself while searching so that you can compare bolt up pattern and pin plug-ins.

Best of luck, if you come across an 1991 - 1994 Oldsmobile Delco CD player, PM me. I need tunes.

- RedFox340

I think he will need a 94+ CD player. The Grand Am's, Montana's, etc. should have compatible stereo's. I'll get a pic of what you want.

EDIT: Here's one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2414655396&category=38641

i agree with you redturbo90. 1994 is when they started using the delco j-2001 model. i think i'll end up risking it and finding out for myself to see if it works or not. thanks!

zach

I had been told numerous times that the radios out of the newer body style GP won't work. Well I took a CD player out of one and it worked perfect.. radio controls and all.

I had been told numerous times that the radios out of the newer body style GP won't work. Well I took a CD player out of one and it worked perfect.. radio controls and all.

much thanks! good to hear first hand the truth!

Guest Anonymous

What year did you get it from? What year did you put it in?

What year did you get it from? What year did you put it in?

Out of a '97 into a '94.

so...would any pontiac radio 94+ work? i've been looking and it seems as if the harnesses are different on some. anyone know anything about the "monsoon" stereo? i think it would be a great addition since it's a little more powerful.

ok...my buddy found me a pontiac 'monsoon' radio, so if anyone can tell me if it would still be compatible, it would be greatly appreciated. don't know what year it's from, but it's going into my '94 gp. ..and doesn't the monsoon have more power than the regular delco deck??

I believe the monsoon stereo has an extenal amp that gives it the extra power.

i thought the same, however, i was looking around and ebay, and none of them appear to have any amps with them...just standard take outs