Grand Prix GTP Daytona?

95oldsVan

IS this a real,and rare edition? I seen one,a 98 I think, that said only 1500 made and it had checkered flag decal above the area the emblem on the doors.

Is it worth anything more or just fancy badging?

:willynilly:

In 1998, it was nothing more than a console plaque, decals, and a special center cap in the wheels.

In 2000, they got two-tone interior, a special spoiler, roof rails, special exhaust, and hood scoops in addition to the badging and stickers.

They're not worth any more than a normal second-gen.

the 1998's were blue and were 40th Daytona 500. the 2000's were silver to commemorate the first race of the 20th century (i dont get it?) with a lot of the same things the 01 sped's/02 anni ed's had.

true but i do love that medium gulf blue on the 98's. there were only a few ( i cant remember the exact number) that actually had the daytona pace car lighting package installed on the car, i believe one is in minnesota

• 4 years later...
In 1998, it was nothing more than a console plaque, decals, and a special center cap in the wheels.

In 2000, they got two-tone interior, a special spoiler, roof rails, special exhaust, and hood scoops in addition to the badging and stickers.

They're not worth any more than a normal second-gen.

UHH NADA SPECIAL EDITION 1998 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX GTP...............HIGH RETAIL 12K.............AVG. RETAIL 7.5K...........LOW RETAIL 4K.................SAYS IT ALL now get ya clue boy!! u jealous of us PACE CAR owners and u cant afford 1 so down it punk..........but u aint got #20 of 1,500 much less even 1 lmao........so suck on that lil boy.

u jus gotta own 1............thats all i can say i gave 1k for mine and wouldn't trade or sell it for no amt...............sorry u jealous azzes get lucky and pray u get 1 ...........if u can while their out there lmao

You know this thread is from 2006 right? Also pretty sure no one here is jealous of your car. Not quite the way to get on the good side of people when your first 2 posts are bashing them for something they said 5 years ago now. Gona close this thread so it does not get any more out of control.