For those with the 3.4/4t60E...

Regal_GS_1989

Just wondering what kind of gas milage you guys get on the highway. I took a drive out to Kenora Ontario last weekend. 411 km round trip (255 miles). The road isn't the nicest road to drive down either, but its straight through, no stopping. I managed to pull off 38 MPG on that trip. :eek: (32.5 mpg in US Gallons) Does that seem about right, or is this better than average? BTW: I was travelling between 60 and 65 MPH the whole trip, and my foot met the floor several times while passing others. I have also not done antything tune up wise on this car since i bought it, except spark plugs.

Sounds pretty decent. With a 5 speed, you should be able to pull off just a bit better mileage.

I don't see how. I'm turning over 3000 RPM at 75 MPH on the interstate.

What rpm are you doing at 60-65 MPH? Thats the speed he was traveling.

if i'm decent to the car i'd get around 28/29, but for some reason my highway mileage has been down, i only got 24ish up to michigan last, then again i was flying the whole way.

That seems like good mileage dude...my 3.1 can pull off 31 mpg US but that's driving it gently....

god i wish i had something more powerful on the highway lol...passing sucks dick with the 3.1 lol

that sounds pretty damn good. I don't know what's wrong with my car but the max I've ever pulled off with my 3.1/4T60 was like 23 mpg. I'm pretty sure it's suspension/tire related though.

Guest TurboSedan

Sounds pretty decent. With a 5 speed, you should be able to pull off just a bit better mileage.

I don't see how. I'm turning over 3000 RPM at 75 MPH on the interstate.

in 5th gear? i turn ~2700 RPM in 5th gear at 75mph. that's with the 282's 19% overdriven 5th. the 284 has 28% overdriven 5th gear (albeit slightly higher FDR) so i would think your engine would be spinning closer to 2500 RPM in 5th gear at 75mph?

fwiw, i have gotten higher hwy/mpg after i swapped in the 5-speed. city/mpg went down though.

That seems like good mileage dude...my 3.1 can pull off 31 mpg US but that's driving it gently....

god i wish i had something more powerful on the highway lol...passing sucks dick with the 3.1 lol

Thats not all that bad really. I know that my cutlass and my regal are basically identical Fuel milage wise.

And I know what you mean about passing power with the 3.1. My Regal felt soooo slow compared to the cutlass last time i took it out.

that sounds pretty damn good. I don't know what's wrong with my car but the max I've ever pulled off with my 3.1/4T60 was like 23 mpg. I'm pretty sure it's suspension/tire related though.

Thats about identical to me too

Yup, theres a poll in the Wheels and Tires section ;) Although, you'll have to wait till spring to see what they really look like, cause its just a photoshop at the moment

i wish i could get what you all are getting. im getting somewhere in the mid 20's on the highway thinking about 25,26... city is a diff story, cause i play with the car too much. but normally i get about 230-250 miles per tank (15 gal at fill time) = almost $50.00

i have yet to do a proper tune... then i should see more power and better MPG. hopefully i can get around to it later this week.

I haven't done a solid 100% highway run to get a baseline (only had the car about 7 weeks!).

Been monitoring in town (with about 10% highway) usage though.... Bleah....

15.1-15.9 US mpg or 18-19.1 Imp MPG

(don't even ask me about that stupid L/100km thing! :D )

Oh - dead stock Euro 3.4/4t60e with stock size tires.

I haven't done a solid 100% highway run to get a baseline (only had the car about 7 weeks!).

Been monitoring in town (with about 10% highway) usage though.... Bleah....

Oh - dead stock Euro 3.4/4t60e with stock size tires.

You have a Euro sedan? Any pictures?

Dont worry about it Im canadian and dont have a clue how to figure out L/100 km :lol: I convert eveything to Miles and Gallons and go from there.

When I went to Hell a couple of months ago, I was averaging 26mpg US while pulling my camper with the trans in "D" doing 3,000 RPM, at 100km/h (62mph), and the A/C cranked. If I didn't get lost trying to find the 407-ETR in Pickering, I probably would have made the Sarnia/Port Huron border before needing to fill up.

Then a few weeks later I went to Montreal to visit a friend. Speeds were the same at 100km/h, but this time there was no trailer, the trans was in "OD" doing 2,000 RPM, and I left the A/C off. I got 30 mpg US, and going from Ottawa to Montreal, and back, only used 1/2 a tank.

trans was in "OD" doing 2,000 RPM

Was it spot on 2K, or a little under? Just wondering if the final drives are different in our cars, as I turn about 1900. Of course, my tach could be off. :D

As for the person wanting pics of a Euro sedan - look at the above sig pic with the trailer. Identical!

Was it spot on 2K, or a little under? Just wondering if the final drives are different in our cars, as I turn about 1900. Of course, my tach could be off. :D

It was pretty much spot on. Is yours an Auto like mine, or is it a stick? Oh, and my final drive is 3.43:1.