new keyless entry

rockfangd

i have a 94 cutty 4 dr sedan. i know it does not have the factory keyless entry system. i would like to add the feature. i found a 92 cutty in a j/y that has it. (found out because i graBBED THE REMOTE AND I SAW THE BLACK WIRE in the trunk.) does anyone know where the actual module is located and if it is possible to add this feature to my 94 cutty. has anyone ever done this lol:? if possible how difficult of a job am i getting into. thanks in advance

The receiver is generally in the back next to the 3rd brake light. You have to remover the rear intearior to get it. It could be in a different spot than on mine cuz I have an 89.

so if i remove the interior carpet in my back window in my 94 cutty this is where the module should mount. any chance there is a harness even though there is no unit in my vehicle

It's there on all W bodys. Here's a pic of my newer style TRW box, along with the park light flash relay I wired in...

RKE015-1.jpg

Negative. I dont have one. So they cant be on all W-Bodys. Unless mine is in a different spot, but since yours is '94 and mine is '94 you think they would be same place.

so if i remove the interior carpet in my back window in my 94 cutty this is where the module should mount. any chance there is a harness even though there is no unit in my vehicle

Doubtful. The cars with factory RKE have the power lock wiring split up between driver side and passenger doors. This is to give them progressive unlocking.

I got a pm on this.

I've aborted adding RKE to my 95. I may finish someday, but not till I dirve down to Stockgp's place and solder to my hearts content. I dismantled the entire wiring harness from a donor 95, tracing every wire to it's terminating point where it melds with the rest of the harness, and cut there. The unit is installed, and the wires are rolled and hidden beneath the rear seat awaiting project completion. And I have remotes.

I do have a 94 CS FSM which has the RKE wiring(same info), but it's stored for the rest of the year, so i can't yank it out to read the info.