Bored Out My Mass Air Flow Sensor

ctx46

well heres the story... I got very bored today in my machien tools class and thought, "what could I make better or for my car"

then the light bulb clicked on, "Im gonna bore out my MAF"

and so I did..... and man did it make a differance!!!!!

the GTP went retarded and forgot how to idle for about 20 min (but it sounded like it had a nasty set of cam's) but she flys now.....

it has a smoother, but more powerfull power range form 1000 to 6500, and the intake note can actually be herd now...lol

I will have picts up soon.....

how the hell did u bore the maf. isnt there that honeycomb thing there in the way and teh little tiny wires n whatnot to pick up the airflow?

me=confused

what about those 2 or 3 wires running across, those come apart and then still make contact across the larger diameter? if they dont is that even important? i guess ill just understand when i see a pic

The honeycomb element slips out by simply popping out the retainer ring slotted in front of it. The sensor requires the probes that you mentioned to accurately determine the airflow rate.

In reality, the honeycomb poses no restriction on the engine at the naturally aspirated level.