1989 Buick Regal "custom"??

B_A_Buick3.1

Not to long ago my mom gave me an 89 regal. this was a BEAUTIFUL car! it came with the 3.1, and a ground Effects kit that came from the factory (some kind of special order)

here is where my ques. comes in what was the signifigance of the body kit and where could i get more info about this option, The Front clip(air dam) was destroyed if anyone has any info on these cars, (i've tried Buick, they didn't help)

or if any one could help out with my info search it would be greatly appreciated :confused:

Attached are some pics of my car (POS) notice the grille , or lack thereof and the ground effects

PLZ HELP

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

100_2050.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Thats what the Factory GFX looked like on the Regals in 89. Those were on the GS models only. The one you have is not factory. Maybe a dealer add on?? It looks like a regular regal with side skirts.

theres definitely a very similar one right around the block from campus, i know where its parked so ill try and snap a pic this week. I like it aside from the very odd grille it has.

Wait a minute, there was another model that i forgot about. I believe that it was called the GST. I know that it had a different body kit than the GS. Im not sure if it was offered in 88 and 89, or just 88. And im pretty sure that they had a different grill too.

Never heard of the Buick "gst"

My mom bought it in 1995 used

it originally came from Bob Beard Buick in GA

its just ive never seen another one like it :cry:

The grille isn't exactly a grille its.... well i really don't no what to call it

Thnx any and all info is appreciated

100_2050.jpg

Picture005.jpg

The one you have is not factory. Maybe a dealer add on?? It looks like a regular regal with side skirts.

It sits lower than a regular regal bc a friend of mine has a regal limited and the body/frame of my car is about 2in lower than his

There used to be a car like that at a house not far from me. It was for sale about a year ago, I think it only had around 60K on it. It sold pretty quick and I havent seen it, or one like it since. It was an '88.

dosen't look factory to me, and sure dosen't look like anything i've ever seen, but i like it alot. if it had better front and rear bumpers that car would be awesome.