futuretgper

hey guys my car is still smoking and ive been trying to figure out where its coming from...i checked compression and read between 150 and 160 across all cylinders...so i think its my turbo...my question is...would i have any problems running shell rotella 15w40 in my car?? i want to see if the heavy weight will decrease my smoking issue...

i found this http://www.revsearch.com/dynamometer/rollervsflattappet.html but i wanted some "pro" or "experienced" opinions before i tried it

Your car should run on the oil suggested in your owners manual. That being said, you've got good compression, so now look at a leak into your intake system, or most probably, the oil seal on the turbo. You'll have oil all over the intake side, so that's easy to see...so its probably the exhaust side of the seal.

its smokes all the time puffs at idle...on and off sort of....doesnt really smoke on acceleration though...not any more at least...i had the turbo rebuilt to try to fix the problem (rebuilt in last year just before i put the car away) and theres probably 1000miles or less on the rebuild...i had a problem when i got the turbo back from the rebuild and it smoked really bad...and it smoked from the turbo itself...it was leaking oil down and out where the locking clips are for the turbine side and burning onto the bottom of the turbine housing...so took it back and they replaced the seals again and said if it does it again they can't help me...it didn't smoke from the turbo anymore but it did from the tails!

ive replaced the pcv valve and done an oil change to semi-synthetic....the check valve down by the tvm is good.....im pretty sure its the turbo i just want to figure out why its going bad...

oh the thing i forgot to mention is that the oil drain line is myseriously becoming coated in oil...it leaks down the drain line just enought to cover it (but not to drip) and the two metal lines that cross the front of the block and make contact with the drain...and yes the drain line has been replaced with a nice blue silicone one!

so anything im missing fellas?

oil change to semi-synthetic...

You'll want to run a full synthetic and I'll tell you why. While synthetic is prone to make seals leak, but it also has high temperature resistance. The bearing of your turbo gets very hot, especially after you run it hard and then park it. It will help prevent the coking of oil in this area.

oh yeah im for sure going to run full synth after i get everything running properly...i was just wondering if i would be ok to run the rotella for a couple hundered miles to see if it cuts the smoking down.