There goes my car!

Guest cutlass88er

Guest cutlass88er

So today has been an interesting day for my car. It's started out @ midnite when I got home from X2(great movie). I got to the east side and I went to a Pizza shuttle when I got out my rear tire was flat and trashed beyond belief, I must have driven on it flat for 20 miles on the express way, in the rain. fix a flat couldn't do it so in the morning after the bank I went to a tires plus(yeah I know, but at least the service was great) I had to pay $100.53 for a stinking Bridgestone Indy 500, I hate them the only ones they had in my size. So I had them put it on and they came back and told me the motor mounts where bad, I already had a suspected they were bad, but now it was confirmed. It's horrible when I but it in reverse loud clunking and it shakes a little when I go over 75 on the express way(60 with the old tire).

So how much would a repair or replaceement for a motor mount be? Should I take it to a dealer or a private place?

Also should I just sell the car? It's an 88 CS SL with 188K peeling paint dents and dings tranny issues and missing pieces! I was thinking $800 and working my way down. I know you guys would never pay that for it but you guys aren't the general public ;) :twisted: :evil:

Thanks,

Dennis

Ive never had a bad motor mount shake the car while cruising...ever. Are you sure all the other tires are balanced good? As for the motor mount, if you have any sort of engine hoist you can do it yourself. I did it a year ago, just have to lift the passenger side of the engine, disconnect the bracket, lift out and swap. It can be involved and a PITA so check to see how much a shop wants.