My Tape Jammed!

marcusa

I was trying to use a Sony cassette adapter in my tape player so I could listen to the MP3. The tape kept ejecting with E10 then finally gave me E13 and worked fine. When I got to my destination and shut the car off, it made a rapid clicking and would not eject. I tried to lightly pryit off with no avail.

This in itself is (sort-of) fine since I don't use any cassette tapes, except even though the display shows TAPE, pressing TAPE/AUX is only getting me the CD Changer. Will pulling out the positive terminal reset it to where I can at least play the tape? Or will I have to tear the Intrigue's dash apart to fix it? Also, how do you get the unlock code from it if that ends up being the case?

Every time a tape has been jammed in my GM radios, it completely screwed up the way every thing else works ( radio, CD player )...and disconnecting the battery wont help.

You can try to pull the radio, take it apart, and get the tape out, but a lot of times things break when tapes get stuck...so no guarantees that it will work again anyway.

For all the work, I'd just get a new one. The CD/cassette combos are dirt cheap on ebay. I got a 2002 Intrigue CD radio for 50 bucks a couple years back. And maybe get an FM modulater for the MP3 player so you dont have to screw around with tape adapters anymore.

Ah yes, Sony cassette adapters are total shit...I used to use one and it has a bunch of plastic gears inside for whatever reason to mimik (sp?) an actual cassette perhaps...anyways I just broke those gears off and threw them away, they are nothing but a PITA and after that I never had any jamming problems...

I guess before you can do that you'll want to get the cassette out - ToroToro knows his shit I'd take his advice on that one

Mine did that too, I was just curious to see if my tape player worked, so i put one in, it went in most of the way but stopped, somehow managed to get the little door thingy to close so you can't see the tape in there, but on the headunit it shows that there is a tape in it. Havnen't been able to get it out.

So apparently my tape player doesn't work :lol:

but on the headunit it shows that there is a tape in it.

That's what drives me nuts. If it at least would let me play it I'd be fine with the tape stuck in there. NowI have the ape stuck and the wire hanging out as a reminder.

I had another tape in there and it played fine, it was the adapter one that broke the darn thing.