Front and Rear Strut Tower Bar (Brace)

AWeb80

Are you saying that the best thing to make a rear brace for the w-bodies is adapting one from the 92 Bonneville SSEI Front STB to the rear strut towers, and that there aren't any that exist already. cause then i will order one for the front #12456148 and the front for a 92 Bonneville SSEI tommorow whats the part number for the bonneville?, where would the best place to pick up the square pipe to fit?

I dont know of any bars you can buy to fit the rear. The easiest thing I HAVE SEEN, is to adapt a Bonne SSEI front STB. I found mine off Ebay. Any junkyard is gonna have them. I got some 1in square from a guy I know who is a welder and works for a construction company. Anyway, Ima try and get some pics up this weekend

Robby

Well, I found no spare time this weekend. However, I should have some extra time during this week, and Im gonna get some pics up. It may be a couple of days, but I will do it, trust me

Robby

did the front for $30 CDN OUCH!!!!

but i like how it stiffened the front, and the turning is great, but i was turning at too high of speed and could hear that i was putting to much strain on the power steering so i cooled it down, i think i know exactly how it will feel with a rear one on so i am gonna do this project.

QUESTION: When the hell did you guys discover that the GM Part #12456148 for NEWER W-Bodies would work with ALL W-Bodies?? I would have bought one a LONG time ago had I known this!:)

I just always assumed that since I didn't want to spend $100US for one from TWINDUALCAM.com, and GM no longer made them for the early 90s Cutlass Convertibles, I was OUT of luck!

I guess I was wrong:)?

I discovered that this winter, I bought one off ebay, and was like, if it fits it fits, if not I'll re sell it. It fit, thats how I found out

Robby

I think Twin Dual Cam is out of business, and has been out of business for a long time!

I know RSM has front and rear strut tower braces for the W-Body, but if we can find one from a junkyard that will fit without modifications then that would be our best shot.

QUESTION: When the hell did you guys discover that the GM Part #12456148 for NEWER W-Bodies would work with ALL W-Bodies?? I would have bought one a LONG time ago had I known this!:)

I just always assumed that since I didn't want to spend $100US for one from TWINDUALCAM.com, and GM no longer made them for the early 90s Cutlass Convertibles, I was OUT of luck!

I guess I was wrong:)?[/quote[/u]