Evaporator Core Or Heater Core?

millerwl71

Are they the same thing? I keep reading that people say the Evaporator Core gets clogged and thats why very little air comes out of the vents. Then I read some say it's the heater core. I have a 92 Z34. Do I have both or do people just call it either or.

Thanks

they are seperate.

the a/c evaporator is behind the heater core. and the place where the crud clogs the system is on the back of the evaporator. but it could clog at the filter(on front of evaporator) or heater core as well.

you are certain that it is a clog and not just an inoperable vent selection control, or a bad fan?

I'm not sure but it's driving me insane!! The vacuum lines are new; I took the blower motor out to see if it was cracked or something. However, it looks good. The problem I am having is that air will blow out of whichever position I select, but with little pressure. So I went and checked the vacuum lines and they didn't look bad in the first place, but still put new ones in. I noticed when I took the blower motor out there is a round black thing with I think three hoses. It looks like vacuum hoses. In addition, a strip with some lines hooked to it. Is there anything I need to check on those? In addition, when I switch from hot to cold I hear a buzzing down there also. Ok I am babbling. Just frustrated. I just want some high-pressure heat for winter. Thanks

Oh yeah, I never heard of the vent selection control. How do you know when its bad?

Oh yeah, I never heard of the vent selection control. How do you know when its bad?

:lol: that refers to whether the functioning vents can be changed from the defrost, 'vent' vent, or floor vents, you've already got that covered :)

put your hand on the fan housing. as you select each fan speed, does it feel like it goes faster and faster?

but it seems you are correct, it seems to be a clog.