High speed stability

hoodilio

I have gotten my 1993 Cutlass Supreme (3100 v6) up to 97, but then the entire car shakes soo bad i don't think it would be safe to go any faster, wat could be wrong, i know it can go faster.

That and alignment. I *think* stock speed rating is "S" and thats good for 112mph. But, either your tires, alignment, or maybe your wheels arent balanced. When I got new tires, and alignment, I had mine up to 115 and it felt very stable.

Robby

Hit my governer at 126 mph (202 kms) I do it regularly... :P Lots of good hills around here to do that with. and it's smooth as silk

When I first bought the car, it had nearly bald v-rated tires, worn balljoints, sloppy shocks and the alignment was WAY off... It was at the point where I was afraid to drive it on the highway. First replaced the tires - noticed a difference. went from 225/60R16V to 225/50R16H and it got smoother... did the balljoints... WAY better... replaced the shocks with GR2s and got the alignment this spring and you'd hardly even notice you were doing over 60 mph. The alignment was probably the magic key.