need pic!! 90-97 cutlass rocker panels different between the coupe and sedan?

cutlass1991

I just came across this site: http://www.rustrepair.com

they have replacement rocker panels for 90-97 CS 2-doors. I need these badly for my sedan. Are they extemely different from the rocker panels on my Sedan, or can I "make" them fit with a little work? I know they look different because of the ground effects on the coupes, but I'm hoping that underneath that they are the same shape as the sedans. I'm not as concerned with the length because I can always cut them if they or too long.

A picture of a coupe's rocker panel from under the car would suffice if anybody has one.

Well, it's amazing how hard it is to find a Cutlass coupe around here. I drove around looking for 2 days before I finally found one that was parked. Anyway, here's what I found out from looking at it:

The rocker panels are about the same length and I am assuming the same shape (I couldn't tell because of the ground effects covering them.

more good news: shipping on the rocker panel replacements is only $18. I was expecting something insane which is usually the case with car parts.

So, $128 total for two new rocker panels makes this a good deal, and hopefully an easy replacement on the sedan.

• 6 years later...

Hi Dan -- Were you successful in putting the coupe rocker panels on your sedan? I have a 92 Olds Cutlass Supreme S 3.1 just rolled over 200,000. Engine is awesome as is transmission so want to keep as long as possible. (just fixing the 200,000 error on the odometer as well). Anyway, lots of rust on rocker panels and am incapable of finding any replacements for sedan but see lots for the coupe. Any hints on how to accomplish this with the coupe panels? Thanks kindly.

i know this guy is gonna get flamed for digging up a near 7 year old thread, but now i'm curious about these panels. cutlass1991 is still active on here