Trunk lid?

warwgn3

Ok, I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but everytime I open the trunk lid, it just comes right back down right on my head, and it fucking hurts. Its really pissing me off. Is there a broken spring in there thats supposed to keep the lid up? A way to adjust the rubber stops to open it higher? Perhaps my 5 ft tall CB-Antenna is affecting it?

I'd really like to get this looked after before I konk myself out.

well if the springs aren't broken, you CAN adjust more tension to them to compensate for your antenna..but seeing how your antenna and your spolier are on there I'd say you're SOL.....if you climb in the trunk, look at the two rods at the back by the hinges..they run parellel to the back seat, and the ends of them hook into slots on the rear deck (you'll see what I mean)....adjust them to a higher?? notch (or whatever way gives more tension).....be careful though they are under quite a bit of force and could pop up with you don't use the correct tooling..

if you climb in the trunk

yeah, climb in the trunk so the lid can come down, knock him out, then lock him in the trunk......that would be a funny story to tell later in life. :lol:

huh, the trunk on my regal is the exact opposite. it opens up on its own after you pop it. :lol: Whenever I have to climb into the trunk, I always trip the locking mechanism so that even if the trunk comes down, it wont lock

Q-ball has a heavy ass spoiler on his GP (looks stock, but it's gotta be aftermarket or from some other kinda car) and it's heavy... his trunk slams shut like the hood of a car. My trunk stays up, I gotta gently slam it shut. My popper doesn't work but if it did I would still have to lift up the lid... most of the newer GM cars are like that.

The Wife's Monte has the same problem since I put the Spoiler on it. But It's a W-Body... You can either damn near lose a finger adjusting it or keep letting it whack you on the head. I just choose to use a spotter. :lol:

There should be a strut or something holding the trunk up... maybe it got tired and its time to replace it?

There are two rods that run parallel to the back seat that are twisted and hook into cut outs under the trunk lid hinge...trust me

God i really did 'LOL' picturing some dude trying to open his trunk and keep it open but the lid keeps hitting him in the head.

HAHA

Yeah, its like the car's trying to eat me....

(cookie monster voice) yum yum yum COOKIE...

God i really did 'LOL' picturing some dude trying to open his trunk and keep it open but the lid keeps hitting him in the head.

HAHA

u mean like the hatch glass on my RX-7 lol??

0609_002.jpg

u can clearly see the two rods...and on the right side of the picture you can see where it hooks into that notch..the left side is the same....you need to move those rods so they are on the notch with the most tension...if they already are you're SOL...i dunno if maybe one of both of them are borken on your car but I can't see that happening :S..

after looking at that picture...move both rods to the very top notch...that should give you the most tension

well.... there are different stiffnesses on the trunk springs as well.

car that have the trunk rack or a spoiler will have a thicker spring than those that don't

if your car came without a spoiler and you have added one (or someone else has) you need to replace your springs with heavier springs.

otherwise, it might just need some adjustment.