Battery thoughts

mdelorie

The plan: To get one of those coolant resevoirs that sits between the dogbones on my 3.1, remove the existing one, and use the space for a second battery. Sound pheasible? I can't really see where the problem could lie, other than finding the resevoir :lol:

It might be possible but you have make a very sturdy platform for your battery to sit on and clamp it tight, otherwise vibration could lessen the life of the battery and worse, it will fly through your radiator :twisted:

Well, the battery couldn't really go through the radiator, seeing as it'll be sitting beside it.... but I'm not so sure there's the space, in beside the fuse center... But yeah, I could rig some sort of platform up if I had to... I just really don't want to put my second battery in the trunk, my leaf spring is already saggy enough and with three subs and their boxes, two amps, a cap and such, I'm gonna have one hell of an ass-dragger.

Does anyone know if those FFWD coilovers would eliminate this?

That resevoir from the truck sounds cool... did you still have access to fill it? That's one thing about our cars is there's still a lot of space between where the engine bay ends, and the nose ends.

i'll sell you a coolant resivor for $15. Its from an Olds Cutlass and it sits between the dogbones. It doesn't leak and the cap is in good condition.

I might just take you up on that resevoir, especially while our dollar's good. :lol:

Two batteries used with a diode relay so that when you're running your stereo with your car off, it only drains from one battery, leaving the other one for your engine.

Same theory as using a capacitor, hook it up in parallel, and you've got more juice to draw from. (eliminating headlight dim, etc.)

well, consider this: there's kits available to relocate or add a battery in your trunk, however there isn't an ecm relocator kit, and honestly I wouldnt even touch the ECM's factory location. Also if your car has factory foglights, you'll need to relocate the black box in there for the relays....also the passenger side doesnt really have a platform for a battery, I mean there's a little one, but higher up and thinner. I guess you see what I'm talking about.

Yeah, I haven't got foglights, and wasn't really looking to move the ECM. I'm just really getting weary of the amount of weight I'm putting in my trunk. Pretty much looks like I'm going to have to though.

That resevoir from the truck sounds cool... did you still have access to fill it? That's one thing about our cars is there's still a lot of space between where the engine bay ends, and the nose ends.

it takes 2 min (If i use a screw driver and not my keys) at the most to get acces to all you have to do is to pull those clips when i get up north again i will have bbender take some pictures for me

i am a poor guy without a digital camera

the next thing is to move the washer fluid tank i hate where that is when trying to give someone a jump