How to remove rear deck?

mischief3003

There isn't anything holding it in really besides the rear seat back and the side pillar trim. Once you remove the seat and the trim, some 'gentle' (ya all know GM) wiggling should free it. The ones I have pulled have popped right out.

How do you remove the trim then? I was messing around with it but i felt like there was something holding onto the trim in the middle.

The only thing holding it are the infamous GM clips. Pull straight out on it and it'll pop free. If you have the lights in the rear pillars, you'll have to disconnect the harness once you pop it free if you so desire. Otherwise, that is all there is to it. You'll probably have to remove the trim that overlaps the rear pillar trim and there are nothing but clips that hold that up too.

there could be a phillips screw in the very center of the rear deck i know cutlasses have that screw......

Into the rear deck? The decks are 1/4 inch thick cardboard?

now mine have never been "cardboard" they are some sort of fiber wood material on 88-89 cutlasses i know that much. I was talking to him he told me he has a internal 3rd brake light on his car. My car has a bolt under its 3rd brake light so I told him to pull the cover and check for a bolt there too. since he said it seems like something is holding it in the middle. Those are the only 2 things I can think of that my cutlasses have that do that....

now mine have never been "cardboard" they are some sort of fiber wood material on 88-89 cutlasses i know that much. I was talking to him he told me he has a internal 3rd brake light on his car. My car has a bolt under its 3rd brake light so I told him to pull the cover and check for a bolt there too. since he said it seems like something is holding it in the middle. Those are the only 2 things I can think of that my cutlasses have that do that....

Yeah if the middle brake light is still connected, that needs to come off. Factory spoilered cars have the brakelight in the spoiler, not on the rear deck.

They're not cardboard, but close to it.. I dunno what the hell it's called. Cheap-junk-that-rots-in-the-sun sounds fitting.