95 Cutlass supreme sedan signal problem

Zeptoplix

Hi. So my friend has a 95 Cutlass Supreme. We recently changed his brakes... While doing this it brought my interest back to his turn signals.

They haven't worked for a while (2 or 3 years) I replaced his turn signal relay/flasher... the cheap part with two prongs under the dash. IT made no difference. His fourways work. However, if you have the four ways on, and you push the brake, the dash indicators go solid. the turn signal indicators don't light at all if you click left or right. When his signals did still work, ( it started with is right one ) it would blink but if you had your foot on the brake pedal it would go solid. It sounds to me like a wire is crossed somewhere. I dont even know where to start to figure out the problem.any have some info? I searched and read a few topics just in case it was common... looks like similar problems are.

Which flasher did you replace? The one underneath the headlight switch, or the one up under the dash by the firewall? The one under the headlight switch is for the hazzards, the one by the firewall is for the turn signals.

Anyways, check this out:

http://tss.likeabigdog.com