Car Security System

AWeb80

I finally have some money and I need to protect all the cash i have in my stereo and for future speaker replacements. Which brand do you guys have and which do you like the best. I can get an "Autopage" brand with top of the line features, installed for $350. Also what price is good for certain brands. Please give my some info, because i have no knowledge on security systems.

My advice is to get a car security which includes hood lock.

What good would any alarm do if someone just breaks in the window then pop the hood and disconnect the battery wires and alarm wires?

I'd rather install my own security system which no one knows about the location/setup and use a small battery separate for the security system and of course a hood lock.

Alpine is good, they have a lot of features and i think they come with a hood sensor. If you're interested in a remote start, look at the Astrostart 3106. It is a remote start and security system with dual stage shock sensor and all the toys. Range on either should be about 2000 feet.

Alpine is good, they have a lot of features and i think they come with a hood sensor. If you're interested in a remote start, look at the Astrostart 3106. It is a remote start and security system with dual stage shock sensor and all the toys. Range on either should be about 2000 feet.

Do you know where I can get some info on the Astrostart 3106, like a website or something.

we've got a Wolf system that we picked up in Germany for the Lancer (we always have to stop over at Franfurt on the way to Alexandria, where the Lancer is) and it included a hood pin thing and 2 types of Ignition kill.....depends on the level of security: passive mode cuts the ignition so that u just can't start it at all, and active mode draws all the battery's power as well as cutting the ignition.....i dunno wat the point of that is......but yah.

Well, I stopped at a stereo and car security delear here in town, and he said that Astrostart is just an advanced car starter with a security system built in. I want an advanced security system with a car start with it. (the opposite of my first sentence) What do you guys suggest i get. The dealer sells Autopage car security brand, is this brand any good?

I got viper and i am happy paid $600 CDN and its gread, with starter kill hook lock door lock and remote start, they also have a $2500 dollar garantee if your car gets stolen, thats how much they back their product. I like it. By the way that was the price will installation included, since they don't sell it without installing it by a certifies installer. If you can get one on its own it would have been $350 CDN.

I have a Clifford Arrow 3. Now it doesn't have the autostart built in, but it's an option that you can get with it for like 150 bucks extra. I paid 400CDN for it installed, with hood pin, trunk pin, hood pop and ofcourse started kill. It works well, good distance and you can get the Clifford window sensors and such. But like shawn has said, anything by DEI is good stuff, go with DEI!!!