Key wont turn back

89GP_SE

I cant get my key to turn back. Its stuck in the on position, I pulled the fuel pump relay fuse so it shuts off and disconnected the battery, but now I cant get the key to turn back, how do I get at the tumbler?

How do I take the column apart... the right way.

Any one with pictures off the insides of the column would be reatly appreciated. Its the 89 GP

make sure the shifter is all the way clicked into park. since i put the boot on my shifter i sometimes have to make sure it goes all the way, otherwise mine sticks

I had the same problem once. You have to put the transmission in park to take the keys out. If you have it in gear or in neutral, it won't let you take the keys out; and make sure it is ALL THE WAY in park. hope this helps! :smile:

oh, its all the way in park, I can pull out my keys, but it wont turn off. Its totally stuck in the on position, I can turn it to the start position, but it wont turn to the off position.

Yeah my 92 sedan did the same thing. Lucky for me it was stuck it the "off" position. Bad part was it was the morning of prom. You'll have to replace the tumbler. But, look on the bright side you'll get a new ignition key!