rockfangd

i have a 94 cutty that i have just upgraded to the digital ub3, as you can probably see in my few other posts. my question is that the yellow dimming wire for the cluster is the dimmer wire. can anyone tell me where it goes at the headlight switch so it will dim with the dash lights. i believe when i tested it the more power you put to the dimmer wire the dimmer it gets but the less power you put to it the brighter it gets. but my dash lights work the opposite. any ideas :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

what is IIRC sorry not familiar. lol. is it located at the headlight switch. and when i hook up the dimmer wire does it dim with the dimmer or does it just dim when i turn on the parking lights only but not variable :biggrin:

• 6 months later...

also besides the other question, can someone send me analogue cluster pinouts for my 94 cutty plz. I couldnt find it in my haynes manual or in the forum but i didnt want to start another post

i tapped into the yellow one i think, but it doesnt dim variably, it just drops to about 40% brightness when i turn my headlights on. It's worked for me so far and I havent minded, but when I think about it it'll take all of 3 minutes to change to the correct one when i get a chacne

i tapped into the yellow one i think, but it doesnt dim variably, it just drops to about 40% brightness when i turn my headlights on. It's worked for me so far and I havent minded, but when I think about it it'll take all of 3 minutes to change to the correct one when i get a chacne

\

just curious did you get the message i sent you>|?

\

Yeah, I did, but I can't check anything out until I go back. Im at the parents house for the week til friday (spring break)

\

Yeah, I did, but I can't check anything out until I go back. Im at the parents house for the week til friday (spring break)

:mrgreen:

your radio has the dimming leads. I see no reason to tap into the headlight switch.

Why not? It's easier than the radio on a '94...

what? they are equally easy. the dash is easy to access... unlike the 95+, where the dash covers up the wiring!

as far as Im concerned, its easier to get to the back of the headlight switch than to pull the whole stereo out. whatever though, either on would work, just depends on where you want to run the wire

well mine is a 94 but actually i do not really minf the dimming feature not working as i never mess with it, i always leave level on max

you might want to, the regular clusters arent nearly as bright, you have to realize that this cluster is pretty much made up of lots of little lights :lol:

yeah but i have already run it for like 6 month and i love how it is twice as bright as the analogue cluster :cool:

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.