Did A Quick EZ Fix For a Busted Window Regulator

95oldsVan

My 4 door 97 GP,the back rear passenger door window regulator went fubar.

I removed the window glass,motor,regulator and etc.Then I found out with the window back inside the rubber/felt tracks,I can push the glass up by hand and it stays up.I can manually push it back down when needed.It does not fall sideways or anything.Stays put and the curvature of the door tracks and seals helps it stay up until I move it back down by hand.

Gonna stay with it until I eventually get it fixed.I also put a piece of thick styrofoam that i got off an innder door panel and put it down to rest inside the bottom inside door in case the window ever drops,it wont crash down and will be a few inches higher above the door seal trim so I can pull it back up.Works like a charm.

:lol:

You could take a cut piece of wood and with the door skin off place it in such a manner as to permanently prop the window up and screw it into position through one of the inner skin braces ... then with a hacksaw blade slice off the remaining protruding screw to prevent it from contacting and puncturing the outer door skin.

My 4 door 97 GP,the back rear passenger door window regulator went fubar.

I removed the window glass,motor,regulator and etc.Then I found out with the window back inside the rubber/felt tracks,I can push the glass up by hand and it stays up.I can manually push it back down when needed.It does not fall sideways or anything.Stays put and the curvature of the door tracks and seals helps it stay up until I move it back down by hand.

Gonna stay with it until I eventually get it fixed.I also put a piece of thick styrofoam that i got off an innder door panel and put it down to rest inside the bottom inside door in case the window ever drops,it wont crash down and will be a few inches higher above the door seal trim so I can pull it back up.Works like a charm.

Haha, I've had done this on my Cutlass for over 2 years now. Worked fine for me the whole time.. :lol:

You could take a cut piece of wood and with the door skin off place it in such a manner as to permanently prop the window up and screw it into position through one of the inner skin braces ... then with a hacksaw blade slice off the remaining protruding screw to prevent it from contacting and puncturing the outer door skin.

If you mean temporarily keeping it secured up,I dont want to do that...that way I can have the back window up/down anytime I need to...I even put my door panel back on and you cant even tell its missing the shit inside of there...

BTW I did use my own method before to keep a window up inside..I simply put a worm clamp around the track and the window stayed put.Also put a large zip tie under it to help keep them from falling down.Worked like a charm on 2 cars I wanted to windows up all the time while the regulator and etc was out of the car.It turned out to be a few months before I fixed the cars so it did its job very well.

:cool:

Haha, I've had done this on my Cutlass for over 2 years now. Worked fine for me the whole time.. :lol:

Sounds like it works great then eh? Glad to hear it worked that long.I hate electric windows but like them when they work.I especially hate the cable design of the regulators in this car with its plastic cable gear..what a POS...