New W Body added to my collection

RJansen658

Yep. I bought a 1992 2dr. Lumina 3.1 Euro. Bought it from the auto auction owner for $200. It has a bad trans.

The Bad:

Some had a racing stripe on it, like an 8" wide one, but they removed it and the adhesive left a mark on the entire car.

Trans wont go into any gear, full fluid, linkage ok.

Front of passenger door has hit front fender, light damage to both.

The Good:

Bright red Ext.

Lt. Gray Int.

16" Factory Aluminum wheels in near perfect condition

Sunroof

Power locks/windows

Dual remote mirrors

Bose Premium factory sound. (different door panels)

140k Starts right up and runs better than my other Lumina

I only bought it for the L67 transplant. I will be selling the engine on the for sale boards for cheap.

I will post pictures as soon as it is towed here.

YAY!

Dude funny you should mention that. I bought it from an auto auction I do mechanic work at. When the car came in it had a sony xplod radio it it. I went back the next day, to pay for it. One of the other employees had taken the xplod radio, and ripped the passenger side speaker grille off the door. I was pissed. I talked to the owner and he got the radio back for me, but he can't do anything about the grille. I don't give a damn about the radio. Damn moron ruined the grille. It looked like there were little spikes that stick into the panel that he broke off the back of the grille. I don't know if its fixable, i didn't look to close. I was mad.

But i'm pretty sure this is the car.

An L67 is the factory code for 3.8L Supercharged BTW

Dude funny you should mention that. I bought it from an auto auction I do mechanic work at. When the car came in it had a sony xplod radio it it. I went back the next day, to pay for it. One of the other employees had taken the xplod radio, and ripped the passenger side speaker grille off the door. I was pissed. I talked to the owner and he got the radio back for me, but he can't do anything about the grille. I don't give a damn about the radio. Damn moron ruined the grille. It looked like there were little spikes that stick into the panel that he broke off the back of the grille. I don't know if its fixable, i didn't look to close. I was mad.

But i'm pretty sure this is the car.

An L67 is the factory code for 3.8L Supercharged BTW

shitty dude...yeah those grilles are a bitch to find around here, hope you have some luck replacing it...

I knew about the L67, what it means...but you're putting on into this Lumina?? Or you bought this car to drive while your other one is down??

Anyway sounds like a decent car, shitty about the grille though,

good luck with the swap!

have you tried putting the car in gear from a rolling start? thats has been the klicker on one bad tranny I had. once it moves for the first time and warms up it would work till it cooler off.

Bose grills I would assume? what color do you need?

• 2 weeks later...

There was tape on my fender of my new Dakota because the girl who owned it before taped the bug deflector to the body...I tell ya if I woulda been there to stop it...but anyways, I just took WD 40 and soaked a paper towel and then put some elbow grease into it, and then sprayed some WD onto the paint and wiped it of, and then rinsed the area, and shortly after I took it and washed the truck, and it looked great....so I suggest WD 40 or if you can get some Body shop spray they use for removing decals and whatnot.