Torque Strut (AKA Dogbone)

hoodilio

Hey guys, i own a 1993 Cuttlass Supreme with a 3100 V6, and i have the old style dogbones (like the ones from the 3.1 V6), are the dogbones from the two engine the exact same part (are they the same measurements and stuff)?

iunno bout that the 98 3100 luminas are different then the 3.1 that i have in my car. so they are not the same ? they will work if you did them though so i guess they are a different style that should work

So guys, my dogbones are exactly the same as the 3.1 dogbones (which means the FFP poly dogbones will fit my car), and my stock airbox was the old round metal box with the circle filter. My dad has Buick Century wagon from 1996 with the 3100 v6 and he has the same air box.

you're positive that your airbox is exactly the same as the one in the Century? Because I saw them in some Century's/Cieras at the junkyard and I wanted to grab it just to try it out.

As to using FFP's dogbones, it will definetly work, however I need to know which dogbones you actually have. Do you have the ones that look like dogbones (big round rubber bushing at each end) or do you have the stamped steel ones similar to what's in that '96 Century? if you have the ones like the Century, I think you'll need to get the dogbone BRACKET from a 88-92 car, then you can bolt the FFP's right up.